A week in nature



My husband and I spent the past week at our cabin in the Northwoods, and I cannot recall a time feeling more relaxed and content. It was very different than going on a vacation somewhere, because then we are always on the move and feel like we have to fit everything in. This past week, we had naps almost everyday- and it felt great! We are highly compatible with each other (probably cause over the past 20 years we learned to adjust to the other’s quirks!). Our one fight was over fireworks, but who could blame me for starting the argument?

I read a lot- Comfort me with Apples- very good memoir. And also the Friday Night Knitting Club- so so, seemed a little cheesy to me. My sister has brought to the cabin boxes of old Time magazines, and reading those are so much fun- first hand accounts of the Viet Nam war, Watergate and the ads are the Best! Consumer prices have gone down so much – who could afford a console music player for $500 in 1965? It’s a treat to read those old magazines, and the kids even enjoy it.

The stargazing was awesome- shooting stars every evening, and we couldn’t have asked for better weather! Our new puppy loves swimming and she even went tubing down the river with us. No TV, some internet (does a dial up connection count?), a peaceful rhythm to every day- who could ask for more? Being introverted, this is the type of vacation that fills me up emotionally. I am also excited to get back to the office and my clients, refreshed and ready to be “present”.

Now the mosquitoes, I could have done without…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive