July 2018


Greetings! 

We are in the middle of summer and I am enjoying the outdoors.  Biking, swimming and gardening.  Getting back into gardening this year has been so good for my soul. The flies have been biting, the days long, and the fireflies have been magical- summer in Wisconsin is the best!  Yes, I could do without the flies and mosquitoes, but they serve their purpose in the circle of life also.  I hope that you are making the most of summer also; watch the clouds pass by, notice the flowers, listen to the cicadas vibrate, and sit around a campfire.

Here at Kettle Moraine Counseling we have had a good year so far.  Our Oak Creek office is up and running and doing great; so happy to be part of that community.  Natalie Eddy and Chandell Hintzke led the charge on getting that going and they have done a fabulous job; we will be looking to expand there in the next year or so.  We have recently hired 3 new therapists: Linda Martenet, Diane Schauble and Frank Simac.  Linda and Frank are in West Bend and Cedarburg, Diane is in West Bend. A big welcome to them!

I heard a quote the other day that really resonated with me.  Being a good leader does not make you a good manager and being a good manager does not make you a good leader.  I was struck by this, because I like to think I am a good leader (I see the big picture, try to create a positive work environment, love helping people, and want to bring out the best in myself and others), but I am not so good at the managing of things.  Details are not my forte, and I get bogged down by them and start to avoid, I like new ideas but implementing them is not as much fun, etc.  So I have been giving more of these tasks to others and they are doing a bang up job with them; way better than I would have.  Recognizing our skill set and then getting help with the areas we are not strong in can really help the organization thrive and help our personal development.  I am thankful to have a strong team to back me up!  And to those of you that are a good leader and a good manager, my hats off to you!

I have personally worked with Linda Martenet for a few years, and I have always been struck by her compassion, kindness and openness.  Here is her bio.

Linda Martenet MS LPC IT



We all experience trauma and transitions at some point, but most people don’t have guidance on how to survive it. My philosophy is grounded in the principle that we are all vulnerable and no one has built-in coping mechanisms for events that leave us feeling devastated.  My life's work has been focused on learning how to help people work through trials safely so they can come out the other side and I have decades of experience in guiding people in how to process events that overwhelm them. I work with adults, children and everyone in between.  Call me and we will work together to help you build a better life.
linda@kettlemorainecounseling.com
262.334.4340 ext: 16
Linda is under the supervision of Jennifer Skinner/Devona Marshall and she works out of the West Bend and Cedarburg offices. 



Diane Schauble LPC



“HOW” is the key to success!
Honesty, Open-mindedness,Willingness
Diane believes in empowering the individuals she works with, building a therapeutic relationship.  Diane utilizes a client-centered approach, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and a variety of other therapeutic styles that are tailored to the client.
Diane is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Substance Abuse Counselor In Training. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Marian University and her Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden university. Diane has experience working in an inpatient, outpatient, and a crisis intervention setting.  She has experience and enjoys working with individuals of all ages. 
diane@kettlemorainecounseling.com  262.334.4340 ext 26
Diane sees clients out of the West Bend office. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive