Saying goodbye

I have had to say goodbye to some great people this past week, and it has not been easy. For the past 4 years I have been the clinical supervisor for a mental health crisis program and have loved that job all the years I was there. Watching the staff grow personally and professionally, and growing alongside with them has been an amazing experience. This job was fun and I think I have laughed everyday I was there- the jokes/teasing kept things light hearted when it got too serious. And suicide intervention is a very serious topic. Working with this group of people has been the most cohesive, strongest team I have ever been part of. I loved the differing personalities- from anxious (many if not most), analytical/logical, compassionate/empathetic (all), funny, and messy (you know who you are!). Besides being a fun environment, I have learned and grown so much by working with this team. I learned that when people feel valued they do good work, there's always another way to look at something, there are many different ways to do assessments (all get the job done), what most of us want is to be understood/listened too, even the shyest person will sing karaoke if you pressure them enough, and chocolate really does help you to feel better.
Thank you crisis team for journeying with me the past 4 years- keep doing the good work you do and take care of eachother.

Comments

Kolleen said…
That was so real. I like the view of looking at everything as growth - the good and the not-so-good.
Anonymous said…
hahahaha. Chocolate DOES make everything feel better... I will miss you.
Kolleen said…
Chocolate can adjust my mood within minutes. Is this what's in anti-depressants?

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive