Being different

I see many people who carry wounds with them into adulthood often because they were "different" as children/teens.

How difficult it is to not "fit in"? To be made fun of because of our weight, clothes, lisp, height, teeth, naivety, etc. So many times our physical features are what we are made fun of about, and it smarts.

I have seen people with complexes about chest size, feet size, bone curvature, teeth- things we have absolutely no control over. I will see a beautiful person in front of me, both inside and out, but they don't see what I see. And our work begins!

In some cases, we feel stronger because of the adversity- we are stronger in our beliefs and enjoy being our own person with our idiosyncrasies. And how wonderful that is when it makes us stronger inside and more OK with ourselves!

Do not believe the negative things you were told about yourself! All it was, was people who were deeply wounded hurting others because they didn't know what to do about the pain inside of them.

You ARE OK- both inside and out!

Try and think about your "liabilities" as assets. I so remember the comfort of my mothers large soft belly and resting my head on it. She may not have liked her soft belly (she had 10 children), but it was one of my favorite things about her body. My own children when they were little used to love the softness of my belly. Soft belly= comfort!

I challenge you to "turn it around"- those things about your body that you can't stand. Point out one or two positives in those areas that you have a difficult time liking.

Self-love is important- so start today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive