More on Being Vulnerable


Being vulnerable is a sign of strength, not weakness. It means that you feel secure enough in yourself to expose the painful areas. In therapy when a client starts to share their vulnerabilities, I know we are really getting somewhere! Because once they trust me enough, they will be able to transfer that outside of the therapy office.

Look at being vulnerable as a strength that you have; it will deepen your relationships, your connections to others will grow, and loneliness will lessen.
It took me a long time to share my "soft underbelly" with my husband, so I do know that what I am advising can be very difficult to do! But as I felt more emotionally safe, and I got stronger inside, I could share more and more. Today my connection with him is very strong and one of the biggest joys of my life.

I know this journey can be difficult, but it is so worth it! When you are vulnerable, you are telling yourself that you accept yourself and all the different sides of you that you may be uncomfortable with; and also, you are making it OK for others to share their pain.

Practice being vulnerable; it will be worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive