NYC



I am in New York City visiting my oldest son. Today is our last day here, and it has been a great trip/visit. I finally got to see his apartment (his 4th place!) and meet his friends. He has been in NYC for over 2 years now, and it has become his "home". And I can see why- the area fits him and he has done well here.

He has grown up a lot over 2 years- he is more calm, less mood swings, lots of compassion, and wiser. One of the reasons for the trip was to get him re-enrolled in college, which we did accomplish. He is leaning toward becoming a therapist like his mother, which would be cool, but we never know where our paths will take us... He should be able to start at Hunter College in Fall as a transfer student.

His apartment is huge, by NYC standards, all hardwood floors, nicely decorated, and he has the best "roomies", who tolerated his mother and sister invading for a few days.

The thing that struck me the most about my visit is the great people Alex has surrounded himself with. They were all very accepting and welcoming to me and Lara, and I haven't laughed this much in a long time! We had a lot of fun.

I am so proud of my son. He is brave- he moved to NYC 2 years ago, with really no place to live, and "kinda" knew a few people. And here he is today, a regular "New Yorker", dresses in dark clothes, is thin because all of the walking (my legs hurt!), has a diverse group of friends and a little bit of an accent to go with it!

Goodbye New York. Til next time...

Comments

RonnieGallant said…
You. Were fabulous as well as Laura. So great to meet you both! Alex is a good boy and I predict we'll be seeing great things from him in the future! From his real mother to his NYC 'Big Mamma' I'll make sure he's looked after! He better not forget about me when he becomes famous. . . ;-)
Devona Marshall said…
Ronnie, you are the best! Thank you for looking out for my boy!

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive