Superheroes






I saw the Avengers movie this past weekend with some of my family.  I enjoyed it but not as much as the prequel.   I probably liked the first movie due to the tension and not knowing what will happen; it certainly looked like complete destruction.  But Dr. Strange did give us a hint on what would happen .




And Thor!  Who amongst us haven’t gotten complacent and a little lazy?   But if we are to be the superhero’s of our lives we must rise to the call. Complacency will not work for long.  We need to be whom we were meant to be.


Themes in the movie and life:  life is full of challenges!  None of us get by without challenges and problems,  a universal experience.  There is always destruction (death) (change) right around the corner, best to befriend it.   The meaning of life is relationships (evidenced by pretty much all the characters); if our relationships are solid, we are solid and can confront the challenges in life.  Know what your values are!  Indispensable as we get older and clarify this more. Knowing what is important will help any decision making that needs to occur.   Life wants to go on! There will always be new life in whatever forms it takes. Life always triumphs.

And Dr. Strange is one of my favorite characters;  he knows how to transform situations and create magic; a quality we all have, even when we do not realize it.

I was never into superhero’s until I married someone into them and also work with someone who can explain the deeper meaning in the plots and characters, (thank you Lester), and this has transformed my view to see the characters as archetypes that we all have access too.

Now the Wonder Woman movie; she was amazing, and I have the mug to prove how much I like her, But as I have learned, she is DC and not Marvel.    She was naive and had to learn about how hard life can be, but she did it with grace, nice clothes and bad ass fighting skills.   Any strong female characters I am always attracted to.

My super power?  To listen deeply and to see what peoples’ unmet needs are.  I am proud of this and this makes me a good mom, spouse, therapist and dog owner, which  Jordyn can attest to.   She needs a lot of reassurance, which I try to give her.  Teddy, usually just needs extra food.   Kobe;  space to run, and a dry place when it rains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive