Fireflies

I was laying in bed at our cabin “up north”, and I thought I saw a shooting star outside the window.  So I got up to investigate and the woods was filled with fireflies.


 I haven’t seen any around our home yet , so this was a treat.  It tells me that summer has arrived, and Wisconsin summers are some of the best.  The long days, cool nights, the green everywhere; it’s short but oh so special.




Fireflies remind me of the light within us and in everything around us.  Both metaphorically and literally; for we are all literally made of sunlight (all our food is made of sunlight!) , and we all have the light of goodness inside of us.  Part of my job as a therapist, is to help clients to see their innate goodness and to share that goodness with others. Under the shame, anger, sadness, confusion, and pain is a basic goodness, and being in touch with it is a gift to ourselves and the world.




Where have you been kind? Shown compassion, restraint? Was thoughtful, non reactive?  Celebrate this within you!  Recognizing our innate goodness is healing and transforming in our lives; our relationship with ourselves will improve, and then probably, our relationships with others also (depending upon where others are in the journey).

Now if I could only learn to feel compassion towards the mosquitos buzzing around me, that would be a real miracle!


Enjoy the summer, and embrace your inner goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Remembering My Mother