Thanksgiving


So often we spend most of our time focusing on what is going wrong in our lives, instead of looking at what is going good. I am as guilty of this as anyone! Since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, today is the day I focus on what is going right in my life.

This past year, my son has had a few surgeries- knee and appendix. He has recovered, and I am thankful for the good insurance my husband's work gives us, so that we can get high quality heath care. Overall my immediate family is healthy, and even our new dog,Jordyn, who had major surgery herself last year, is healthy.

Jordyn has been a huge blessing to our family, all of us love to spend time with her, and she is a great companion. She goes with Lara on Taco Bell runs, and playing outside with Zach is her favorite thing to do. Having her in our lives has enhanced our family in so many ways.

My job is awesome. I truly love what I do, I love connecting with clients and helping them through their pain and life challenges. And the therapists I work with are top notch- they support me and help me grow as a clinician and a person. I feel so blessed that they work at the clinic.

My husband always has my back, and with that support I am able to take on new challenges and push myself out of my comfort zone. He loves me unconditionally, and that is some powerful medicine.

I adore my children and find them enchanting. All three are turning into real cool adults, and I like how our relationships are changing as we relate adult to adult.

My extended family is fun! The good laughs we have and the crazy experiences makes my life so much more interesting. I am thankful to have such a large close family.

I am always talking about "when we move". I want to build a home in the country and have a few animals. But I don't focus on what a nice home I have now. We have lived in it for over 13 years and this is the main place we have raised our family. It's old, over 100 years old; the wood floors are gauged and scratched from dogs, roller blades, balls, and even bikes! We have some empty bedrooms now, and we take up less of the space than we used to when the kids were all home and younger. The front porch is still a place where we connect as a family (and Steve rebuilt it a few years ago), and we take for granted the hearing of the church bells (used to feel very annoying). On the wall in the basement, is where my husband kept track of the kids heights, and we have never painted over it. We have a very large dining room set, that fits well into such an old house, that of course has a big dining room. We bought it on our 15th anniversary, and it sits 10 people, and all the chairs will be filled today because we are hosting dinner.
I need to honor the home I am in now, instead of living in the future, because it has served our family so very well over the years.

Today I will spend time reflecting on what is all going well in my life, all the blessings I have, and it will be a good day....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog. You certainly do come from a wild, crazy and funloving family (and you make one more!).

Thought you and Steve might like to check out Newenhouse "kit" homes. Saw Sonya Newenhouse's passive home in Viroqua this weekend. One of 25 certified passive homes in U.S. If you go on the website you can get the details. Small, environmentally friendly home. Fits into your Mindful Living.

Appreciate the blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive