Lucky: July 28th 1997-April 19 2010


We put our dog Lucky down 2 days ago and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done, certainly the hardest thing our children have ever done in their short lives.

Did we make the right decision? Yes. Does it hurt like hell? Yes.

I feel sad, bereft, out of sorts. I want some sign that his presence lives on in some way.

My kids have been so strong, and I am so impressed that they wanted to be there when we put him down even though it hurt so badly. It was their way of honoring Lucky and how much he means to them.

I had said in the past that I would not be there to put him down, but I felt compelled to when the time came, and I am glad I did. I was able to try and soothe Lucky's anxiety.

Goodbye Lucky. You are sorely missed.

Comments

Meghan said…
You are all so brave. I will keep you all in my thoughts. I love you all very much and will miss Lucky too. He was a sweetheart.
Love,
Meghan
Devona Marshall said…
Thank you Meghan. I love you!

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive