Hanging with Teens

I got the pleasure to spend time this past weekend (at our cabin) with some of my nephews (and two of my children), who are all mainly teens, and what a fun experience!

We sat around the campfire, talking about our first kisses, and everyone participated. I have to say my sister's answer to that question was quite interesting! We also talked extensively about drugs and let's just say, they are exposed to a lot. Way more than I ever was as a teen, and it's so much more available.

I am proud of how they are all making their way through those teen years, with challenges I never had to face. But they are making THEIR way through.

My sisters and I raised our children together, and that has been a huge blessing. The support we get from each other in the parenting department is invaluable. And I know they love my kids and want what's best for them.

There was a lot of testostorone flowing this weekend- wrestling and seeing who was stronger. I wonder if they will ever outgrow that? There is definitely a hierarchy based upon strength and size among these cousins, and as a female, it's pretty foreign to me!

On Monday we all went home and back to duties-them school, the adults- work.

I feel blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2011 Newsletter!

It’s been a while….

Passive Agressive